During the preparation preceding my travels in 2017, I gathered links to articles or other content that I wanted to share with supporters of the campaign for the project. I haven’t continued while I was on board or afterwards during production… but now I’m soon taking Musicomexp on the road, so I might start again, who knows!
(taken from kickstarter archives + blog archives)
- Ever listened to music underwater? Although the music produced in this project will be played on firm ground, I've found listening to music through water healing for my ears.
This musician wrote along many other pieces, an opera to be heard in water.
- You might have missed this major step from the United Nations earlier this summer (2017).
- Traveling can give new points of view on our world, and also on ourselves. Thomas Pesquet just spent 196 days in space, here's an amazing video staging his thoughts from the ISS when about to get home (in English and French).
- Can our future lie in the oceans? A philosophical reflexion on solutions for our world and our time (in French).
- BRAINS! BRAINS! SKULLS! yes!! You must read the whole article(in English)
- Here’s loads of French radio! A poetic voyage into the abyss of our world, an exploration of music written about the sea, and an essay about sea and sailors in the lyrical world.
- The Ocean Mapping Expedition is conducting an acoustic mapping of the oceans never made on that scale before. I'll be on board as an artist only, to try and make this mission visible under a new light through my work. When the expedition kicked off two years ago, these major changes in funding future oceanic research may not have been yet expected, but they make this work even more important now. Please support!!
- I'm no huge fan of lists, but this onewill help you (re)discover amazing composers in non-popular music, read and listen! - (can't call this classical though, WashingtonP:))
- Noise pollution also hurts terra firma, in English and in French.
- What's "Out of control" right now in the Solomon Islands?
- Though FINALLY - it looks like the flying Hollander may have been caught.
- Check out the expedition's mission in their Manifesto, their scientific missions with undersea sound recording and nanoplastics sampling, and their program with cartoonists. My composition residency on board Fleur de Passion is an add-on to all of these activities.
- Remember the bloop (in English), (re)discover the blob (in French).
- Get into multi-artist Christine Ödlund's deeply amazing world.
- Visit humpback whales' music schools.
- The Ocean Mapping Expedition's research around the Great Reef Barrier earlier this year (2017)
- (Re)watch Cikatri$' time-distending "Lumière" performance.